Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Dreams Do Come True!

Okay, I brag about my husband a lot, but I can't help it! He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Let me tell you a little story of how he made my Easter dreams come true.

Earlier this month Justin and I were at the grocery store and noticed all of the Easter stuff out. I got a sad look on my face as I told him this would be my very first year without an Easter egg hunt (Funny, I know. My mom does one every year, even for the big kids!). I didn't say anything else about it after that. Then last night as we were going to sleep I jokingly asked him if the Easter bunny was going to visit us. He just laughed it off, and so did I.  My alarm woke me up this morning. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and sat up. I was shocked at what I saw... an Easter Basket! It had all of my favorite candy in it too! I looked around and noticed a few little Easter eggs peeping out at me. I excitedly woke Justin up. He pretended like he didn't know what was going on. I was so excited and started running around our apartment looking for Easter eggs.

The candy was delicious, but nothing could compare to the sweetness of Justin's surprise. I know it's so cheesy, but that's just who we are. And he makes me so, so happy!

Our Easter baskets. Well, Justin's is a bowl... but hey, it works!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so cute! You are one lucky girl! Our girls got a letter from the Easter Bunny telling them that today is about Jesus and that he will come and surprise them with eggs and goodies another day. Aren't I a fun mom?! So glad Justin is so thoughtful! :)

    ReplyDelete